Thursday 19 March 2015

Snowflakes and snowmen in March!

I can't believe it's getting on for 1am already!  I just wanted to finish my blogging off before I get some much needed shut eye.

Today I have been continuing with the pop-up box cards, although this time I decided to make a couple of Christmas ones ready for the end of the year! I'm going on the theory that if I make a couple a month then I won't have as many to do come winter time!


I have already posted a blog entry about the first of these cards. The second card I made using white cardstock as the base of the box and covered with Christmas themed papers from my stash. 





I cut more flowers from matching paper using the same dies as mentioned in yesterday's blog post. I also cut more flourishes and tags using ,the same dies as yesterday. 

I drew a simple snowman and top hat freehand. I cut 2 of each of these from white and black cardstock. I used tiny nail art black gems for the eyes and buttons.

I finished off by adding a couple of silver metal star charms and some padded snowflake embellishments from my stash.

Thankyou for stopping by, if you haven't done so already, do please pop back to my home page and check out today's other blog post featuring another Christmas box card.

Again I would like to finish with a quote from one of my favourite YouTubers, Kelly Donovan. This simple statement always resonates with me each time Kelly finishes one of her wonderful videos with it. 

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Sam, An amazing pop up box card. Will have to try one of these. Love the Christmas touch and the snowman is so cute. Love the papers the dies and the flowers.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and frosty! Perfect for Christmas. You're way ahead of me in that game! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pop up box card, Sam! Your snowman is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another gorgeous box card you are on a roll. I love the colour scheme of this one and the snowman is so cute. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous box card. Love all the details. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very detailed exploding box! Great job, thanks for participating at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this box card is stunning. Love the colours and the details! Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilms

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab project - so many wonderful details!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a delightfully pretty popup box you made for our last challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. It is so beautifully embellished and I love your hand cut snowman. A new challenge started yesterday and we'd love to see you play along again this month. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time taken to read my posts and leave a message. It means a lot to me.

Thank you,

xxSAMxx