Thursday 18 June 2015

Anyone else love the ocean as much as me?!

I'm back today with you the last of the 3 ATCs that are going in my "Erin box" to be given to my fab crafty friend Erin Stewart when I see her in August!

For this ATC I had a play with spray inks again including and got messy with structure gel!
        
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used the following materials:
  
THAT CRAFT PLACE MDF / GREYBOARD: A4 greyboard sheets (cut to 3½" X 2½" ATC size), MDF seahorse.

MEDIUMS USED: Gesso, DoCrafts Artiste Spritzing Inks (Ocean Blue, White, Hematite, Gold), Archival Ink (Jet Black), Heavy Structure Gel (gloss).

OTHER PRODUCTS USED: Cheesecloth, micro beads.

All products above available from That Craft Place.

ANYTHING ELSE: Mini alphabet stamps by Dovecraft, other small unbranded alphabet stamsp (magazine freebie I think!), mini clock parts, all from my stash.
       
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Summary Process:

MDF seahorse prepped with gesso before being sprayed with Gold Spritzing Ink.

Spritzing inks (Ocean Blue, White & Hematite) sprayed onto white cardstock.  Glued to chipboard ATC. Micro beads mixed into copious Structure Gel and applied with a palette knife.

Whilst gel still wet, pushed clock parts into the medium as well as added the cheesecloth (which I had sprayed with spray ink and dried before hand).  Also added the seahorse at this point.

Once completely dried, edges inked with Archival Ink (Jet Black).

"Treasures of the ocean" stamped onto white textured cardstock in Archival Ink (Jet Black).  Edges inked with same ink.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  
Here are some more photos:

   
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LINKS YOU NEED - THAT CRAFT PLACE
   
Website
Facebook Shop
Facebook Natter & Chatter Group

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
       
Anyone else love the ocean as much as me?!
Thank you as always for popping by!
  
xxSAMxx
   
Please can I enter this project into the following challenge(s):
    

11 comments:

  1. This is another gorgeous ATC! I love the background and fabulous texture.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ATC, love the design and colours. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a gorgeous ATC I love all the textures. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the rigid MDF or Board Atcs...there is so much more you can do with them and you have just done that..stunning work,it looks just like a canvas....I love it.
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit for our June Challenge.
    p.s. Yes I love the sea, a short walk for me and I am on the beach...however,no sea view from where I live...I couldn't imagine not living near the water..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful texture you achieved on your lovely piece of treasure Sam. Thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I just love the theme. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh - lovely. You did so wonderfully with such a tiny space Sam. I'm a lake person but I do really like your creation alot. You have really been busy girl.... soo sooo glad you sharing all your SUPER creations with Rhedd's Creative Spirit. I have loved seeing them. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sea aswell, beachcombing is a favourite pastime. This artwork is FAB! I love the sound of Structure Gel, it looks really cool. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ATC I adore the colours . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time taken to read my posts and leave a message. It means a lot to me.

Thank you,

xxSAMxx