Friday 10 July 2015

The Guardian of Dreams.

I can be known to hoard random items, "just in case", and this mixed media canvas is made almost entirely from such items!

     
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used the following materials:
  
RECYCLED MATERIALS:
 
Plastic hoops that came off an old light fixture (2 hoops glued together and wrapped in twine for the dream catcher).
 
Corner wedges from previous canvases (lots used, wrapped in old thread and glued randomly onto the canvas).

Brown twine from my Dad's shed! (Wrapped around whole canvas and also wrapped around dream catcher hoop).

MEDIUMS USED:

Black Gesso, White Gesso, Acrylic Paint, White Embossing Powder (on feathers).

OTHER PRODUCTS USED:

Greyboard feathers from That Craft Place, Air Dry Clay (used to make the large black beads), Lots of different beads.
       
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  
Here are some more photos:


   
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
         
Thank you as always for popping by.
  
xxSAMxx
   
Please can I enter this project into the following challenge(s):

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Loving the background and textures.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for items to recycle & hate to throw anything away that might be able to be used or upcycled in some way so obviously I love this (& you would never know it was made from such items).
    Fantastic job Sam!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sam, your dream catcher looks perfect with this background.
    Hope you have a good weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Sam this is amazing hun, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam this is a gorgeous canvas I do love all the texture you get in your projects. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great cavas and a really good idea on using up those canvas wedges...I know we are supposed to use them but a lot of mine don't fit,or they fall out,even on the better quality canvas's and I can see you've had the same thing happen...I'll be saving mine from now on Sam...
    Thank you for joining us over at http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas loving all the fabulous texture hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your canvas is stunning and so creative! thank you for linking up to the july "anything goes but must recycle" challenge at doodle artifacts! xo from, michele, july guest artist

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, lots of lovely textures. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam, I really love this, I have been wanting to try some some feathered dream catchers for some time now and yours is truly inspirational. I also love the the idea of faux feathers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful piece in the July challenge on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent. Always such a pleasure for me to come see your work.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time taken to read my posts and leave a message. It means a lot to me.

Thank you,

xxSAMxx